joi, 26 februarie 2009

In sickness or in health

People react negatively when they see me. Why is that? I don't know, it's a mistery for me too. Some of them tell me how I should live my life, how I should look like and things like that, but I would really appreciate it if they would stop criticising and start minding their own business. Some say I must change and I tell them to get out of my way. I don't know what part of "mind your own business" they don't understand, but I keep living my way.
My name is Djordje Rakitic and I live in Smederevo, Serbia. At age 17 I may still seem to be a teen, but I'm more mature in thinking than the others believe. I'm quite tall, standing at 1.95 m and having 90 kilograms. My parents tell me I should lose a couple of kilograms to be just fit and I really think they're right. Some of the teachers at high school tell me I should cut my hair, because it's too long. They may be right, but I really don't care. I love my long, black hair, because it's one of the things that represent me and my musical preferences. I love rock music and every rocker loves to have long hair.
Some people that told me "I will always be your friend" tell everybody I'm weird. I hate when this happens. Being a rocker in Eastern Europe, especially in the Balkans, is tough. The mentality here is that rockers are satanists and rock bands like Linkin Park or Metallica are nothing but a bunch of musical wannabes, not knowing that rock ballads are the best ballads in the entire music. The ignorance is flourishing. The reality is that I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't do drugs. That's why it's really disturbing for me to be told by the others things like "you should stop doing drugs". Sure, a lot of rockers do these things, but not me. I'm not like that.
My girlfriend, Jelena, learns in the same high school as I do. She is also 17, we have been together for three years and she started to tell me that we might even end up getting married. I told her I don't want to get married too soon, but if that's her wish, than so shall it be. She is quite tall for a girl, standing at 1.80 m and having 60 kilograms. She is one of the coolest girls I have ever met. When I first laid my eyes on her, I said to myself: "yes, she will be my girlfriend". And so it was. "You, Jelena Damjanovic, take me, Djordje Rakitic, as your boyfriend, in sickness or in health, until death do us part?" i told her. She laughed and she told me: "Yes, I do!" It was just like a ritual. She told me I was a bit weird, but she said that she loved me that way. She told me that any boy should be a bit weird, because a normal one would be boring. I knew I made the right choice.
I can't say I'm the most religious guy, but I believe that there is a Divinity up there, watching over us. Some call It Allah, some call it Buddha, some believe in their ancestors; I believe in God and I don't need further explanations about His origins or anything like that. I don't cross myself whenever I pass a church, because I don't think that this is a way to show my faith. I know Atheists who cross themselves when they pass a church. They are not as faithful as they may seem. I say that I can show my faith praying, doing good deeds and going to the church. That's the least I can do and I'm doing it.

Niciun comentariu: